HALO has come out with a NEW baby bassinet that is AMAZING.
I sure wish I had this bassinet right about now!! I am sleep deprived and have had many nights where it is a struggle to get up to put my son back in his bassinet after I am finished nursing. I know that approximately half of all infant suffocation deaths happen in an adult bed, however, sleeping next to baby promotes bonding, is easier to breastfeed and both myself and baby get better sleep. FINALLY, a solution to every new mothers problems! HALO’s Bassinest Swivel Sleeper moves to allow baby to sleep as close as mom wants, yet sleeps safely in his own separate sleep area, thereby reducing the risks that are associated with bed-sharing.
This bassinet has a dual swivel that allows it to rotate a full 360 degrees from two pivot points. The first swivels elliptically, allowing the Bassinest to be pulled into the bed next to mom; the second rotates circularly, making it easy for mom to angle it as needed, and making it more comfortable for her to get in and out of bed.
How awesome is this Bassinest for night time breastfeeding?? Baby can easily be lifted to to the breast without getting out of bed. AND the Bassinest comes with a unique nursing timer which will alert mom when it is time to switch sides or return baby to his sleep space–all done without leaving your bed!
This video is a great demonstration to all the Bassinest Swivel Sleeper has to offer!
Here are some tips to ensure safe sleep for your baby.
- Place baby to sleep on his or her back at nap time and at night time.
- Room-share, but do not bed share; the American Academy of Pediatrics recommend against bed sharing as it can lead to an increased risk for accidental suffocation.
- Use a crib or bassinet that meets current safety standards with a firm mattress that fits snugly and is covered with only a tight-fitting crib sheet.
- Remove all soft bedding and toys from your baby’s sleep area. The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests using a wearable blanket instead of loose blankets to keep your baby warm.
- Offer a pacifier when putting baby to sleep.
- Breastfeed, if possible, but when finished, put your baby back to sleep in his or her separate safe sleep area alongside your bed.
- Never put baby to sleep on any soft surface (adult beds, sofas, chairs, water beds, quilts…)
- Never dress your baby too warmly for sleep; keep room temperature 68-72 degrees F.
- Never allow anyone to smoke around your baby or take your baby into a room or car where someone has recently smoked.
Unfortunately we do not have a Bassinest to give away (and if we did I would try to enter too because I want one!!) BUT, if you have a new baby on the way or have a friend having a baby I would definitely recommend the HALO Bassinest Swivel Sleeper!!
One NAPTIMETALES reader will WIN this prize! A HALO SleepSack or Swaddler!!
Disclosure: We received a complimentary HALO SleepSack for sharing this information. All opinions are our own. Images are copyrighted and used with permission. Prize will be fulfilled by sponsor.
It retails for $29.99. For more information about the new HALO Bassinest™ Swivel Sleeper, please visit their website here: www.halobassinest.com. Also enter our contest below for a chance to win a HALO SleepSack!
FYI- here are the boooooorning, but necessary, terms and conditions for this giveaway-
Prizing & samples courtesy of HALO SleepSack
Prizing & samples courtesy of HALO SleepSack
Giveaway open to US & Canadian addresses only.
Giveaway ends at 12 AM on August, 12 2014. Open to Residents of the US & Canada only. Prizes cannot be shipped to PO Boxes. Winner will be selected by random and be notified by email. Winner have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is selected. Please note that Naptime Tales is not responsible for sponsors that do not fulfill their prizes. I have represented each sponsor with the expectation they will fulfill their prize and in a timely manner. I will contact the sponsor regarding your prize(s). The sponsors, in most cases, are shipping their items to you directly. I will make every effort to assist you obtaining your prize. If there is an issue with a sponsor, please notify the blog you won a prize from within 30 days for assistance, after that we may be unable to assist you. The product provided for the review was free of charge from the company. The product offered for the giveaway is free of charge, no purchase necessary. My opinions are my own and were not influenced by any form of compensation. Facebook, Twitter and Google+ are in no way associated with this giveaway. By providing your information in this form, you are providing your information to me and me alone. I do not share or sell information and will use any information only for the purpose of contacting the winner.