We survived our very first school year last year. Ok, so it was just 2 day preschool but I was still VERY nervous starting this adventure because things like being on time and appropriately dressed just aren’t my cup of tea. I celebrated the small victories that made our first year such a great success at the beginning of summer-
– We were only late 3 times! The first time my car battery decided to die so I had to walk and drop my daughter off. Lucky for us her preschool is not even a mile away. Unlucky for us that it was 30 degrees outside and my son screamed the whole way. The second and third times were due to over sleeping and slooooooooow breakfast eating.
– I was selective with the art projects. I only kept the ones we REALLY loved or were for a special occasion (Mother’s Day, Xmas, yada yada). I think we ended up with around 10. NOT BAD!
– We only forgot her book bag once. It was on a late day so it’s like it almost doesn’t matter.
– My biggest victory was actually getting pictures of her on the first and last school days. I really hope I can continue the tradition!
School is getting ready to start back up again (Really?! Summer where did you go?!) so I’ve been trying to think ahead for this year. My daughter will go three days a week and my son is older now so I feel like I will have a little more time and he will be in my arms a lot less (hopefully).
– Snack. Do some people think they will get an award at the end of the year for bringing the most creative and well thought out snack? You better believe we brought gummies or animal crackers thrown into sandwich bags on our snack days. Maybe this year I’ll have some time to do something cute and Pinterest-y. Maybe.
– Drop offs. I was so thankful this year for the curbside drop off. It was SO nice to not have to get my youngest out of the car and struggle to hold him while taking care of preschool business. My daughter asked me several times throughout the year if I’d walk her in and I just didn’t want to or couldn’t. Hoping that this year my youngest can walk himself through the parking lot a few times so I can hold both their hands and juggle all the other crap just to take her in.
– Walking to/from school (it’s ONLY a mile from our house!). I told myself I would do this as a form of exercise but it only happened one time…when my car wouldn’t start. Thinking I was going to have the time to walk her to school in the mornings was just silly…but there is no reason I can’t walk to pick her up. Hopefully the weather will agree with me on this and go easy on us next year.
Do you have any new school year resolutions?