Ever use something and wonder what your life would have been like had you not discovered that specific product? Like say, air conditioning and washing machines?
Yeah…these products are just as critical in the potty training world. I’ve been saved many times by some of these things. Now if someone could just invent a way to detect if a baby has pooped when they SHOULD be napping…
Anyway…check out our top potty products (besides the obviously potty seats, underwear and suckers):
– Leg warmers/socks. These are essential if you are doing the no diaper plan. Leg warmers and/or socks will help absorb pee running down legs resulting in you cleaning your carpet a lot less while potty training. Your child will still get that uncomfortable wet feeling without you chasing them around with a spray bottle of Resolve. There is no excuse NOT to have these…her is a code for 5 FREE leg warmers (just pay s/h)-
– Fold up potty seat. My daughter was scared to death to use a public toilet. They are loud and HUGE to little ones. So we used a fold up potty seat similar to the one below. I stored it in a gallon sized freezer bag with disinfecting wipes in my diaper bag. Yes…I carried around a toilet seat on a daily basis for a solid year. But it worked and she had no fear of using the big scary potties!
|Fold up potty seat on Amazon|
– Water proof pad for car seat. My daughter thought her car seat was a toilet for awhile after she was potty trained. I guess maybe she would just relax in the car and pee? Who knows…but I do know that car seats are a MAJOR PAIN to clean. And what happens when the pee and you still have errands to run? Just grab a piddle pad! I actually haven’t used this product but will absolutely be buying one (or 10) when it is time to train my son. This brand says it will hold up to a CUP OF LIQUID! I’d say that’s pretty good.
|Piddle Pad on Amazon.com|
– Disposable sheet pads. You guys…this is GENIUS!! I just recently discovered this product and I want to shout it from the roof tops. These are DISPOSABLE sheet protectors and they soak up everything. EVERYTHING! We still have a waterproof cover on my daughter’s bed but if she wets the bed, we do not need to worry about the mattress at all. Best thing EVER!
|GoodNites from Amazon.com|
– Overnight training pants. Did you know Pull-Ups make an overnight version? I didn’t either until my daughter was peeing through the regular ones. The night time ones make it so much easier for your little ones to go potty if they need to (instead of having to break out of a diaper) but still offer more protection if they aren’t ready to move to undies in their sleep.
Have you potty trained your little one? What were your must haves or things you found out about after the fact?