Sometimes when I’m cooking I have to imagine I’m on the FoodNetwork or I will completely loose it. Between the barking dogs, needy kids and running out of eggs just when I need them…it’s just a mess. I try to remember that I have an audience that needs a positive cooking experience or they won’t TOUCH their food. They are 4 years and 15 months old and should call me Iron Chef instead of Mommy. I think most Moms can relate and here is why:
– We can cook an entire meal with one hand while holding a kid in the other. Even chopping veggies!
– We have assistants that sometimes do more harm than good (half a container of cinnamon makes you cough on your french toast).
– We can sneak secret ingredients into classics like a boss. Beans in your brownies? Done it.
– We’ve made homemade gummies at least once (this may or may not have been a success).
– We can get dodge obstacles in the kitchen (aka every letter of the alphabet from the refrigerator magnet set) like an Olympic hurdler.
– Give us some ground beef, maple syrup, a can of creamed corn and a loaf of bread… we’ll have a feast.
– We have the Toll House cookie recipe memorized.
– We are not afraid to admit defeat and just go out to eat.