WOW WOW WOW
My house looked like it had been hit by a wind storm. I spent well over 15 hours organizing, taking toys out of boxes, making piles, and putting things in rooms…then arranging and rearranging.
Here is how I imagine my house looked:
I have made a fun list of how you can get yourself organized after Christmas.
- Put ALL your presents in one room
- Divide them into piles. Kitchen, play, clothes, ect
- Unpackage all the gifts and throw away the heaping piles of trash
- Take one pile (the easiest to organize) and put everything where it belongs.
- This is where I get lost….I usually find there isn’t enough room for the new so I do away with the old. This takes me FOR.EVER. (EXAMPLE: Today I was supposed to clean out all our old dishes because we got new dishes….that led me to clean out every single cabinet in our kitchen, INCLUDING our pantry. 1 hour project turned into 3. DUMB)
- Once this pile is complete treat yourself a piece of chocolate.
- Move on to the next….
- The toys are the HARDEST part for me because my kids have some toys on the main level and some in the basement. It is difficult to decide which toys should go where…. To organize, I carry ALL the toys in the whole house to the basement and then separate the toys by dolls, barbies, kitchen toys, super heroes, cars, ect. Each and every toy has a place.
- Label. Here is a FREE printable I found!! (Hopefully with the labels my kids and (typically) my husband won’t be quite so vulnerable to put things wherever they feel like. Wishful thinking….)
There are TONS of organizing ideas and inspiration on Pinterest. When I really feel like I need a pep talk, I visit, http://iheartorganizing.blogspot.com/. Jen is AMAZING!!!!! imom.com has a great post here on creative ways to organize and find creative solutions.
Here is a picture of basement after my organization escapade. I still need to label the toys and I want to fill the frames and hang some pictures but that is on my To-Do list for the very near future!!