Oh summer how I have missed you!!
- Sleeping in till 8am does not exist any longer.
- Spending hours at the pool are over.
- Having a play date any day of the week is no long possible.
- Pool party in your back yard and slip ‘n slide all day with nowhere to go isn’t gonna happen.
- Pajama party any day of the week…
Getting back into a routine is no easy task of me. Am I alone here? Sometimes I think I am!
I am a wack-job in the morning. Running around like a crazy woman trying to get myself and two kids ready and out the door by 8:40 in the morning is VERY difficult for me!
So…how have I got myself and kids back into a routine??
Truth: I haven’t yet.
But, here is what I am trying:
#1: Get myself UP and ready before the kids get up in the morning.
#2: Me wake up ONTIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#3: No more pressing snooze.
#4: No doodling on FB or checking emails in the morning instead of showering.
#5: Washing hair every other day (or every three days) instead of every day. Hello Dry Shampoo.
#6: Make-up…keep it minimal. A little mascara to look AWAKE, conceler to cover the dark circles, and powder to look “flawless”, quick sweep of blush to look like you still have sun-kissed cheeks and some shimmer on the eyes to make you appear to have open eyes.
While those are MY daily goals…here is a real list of how I get back into a fall routine…
- Lay out all clothes the night before.
- Pack lunches, get breakfasts prepared as possible and fill water bottles the night before.
- Have the house in order before you go to bed so you can wake up to a clean slate.
- Have a morning routine that works for you and your family.
- Do what matters in the morning. If laundry does not HAVE to be done then do not spend the extra 5 minutes doing it.
- Know what your day entails. Be prepared for it. If your kids have dance after school, have dance clothes and shoes laid out so it is not a hassle in the afternoon.
- Meal plan. Try to know what you are having for dinner throughout the week and have all the ingredients for it before the beginning of the week so you are prepared (and don’t need to borrow an egg from the neighbor for the twelfth time….because now you owe her a whole carton!!)
- Have snacks in baggies ready to go for the day ahead so they are easy to grab-and-go. Don’t forget a bag of nuts and an apple for yourself!!
- SLEEP….get sleep!! At least 7-8 hours if possible so you can be “ON” all day.
- Caffeine. Need I say more??
- Be happy. A happy mom, wife, and friend is MUCH more productive than a crabby one!
What secrets do you have to getting back into a routine??