1) I was a HOT mess. I did NOT want to send my ‘baby’ to school. Letting go is tough!!
2) I had no idea how many papers come home from school. Honestly, I needed a file cabinet for everything.
3) I needed help staying organized and on top of the homework.
4) No matter how hard we tried….we were (are) ALWAYS rushed to get out the door in the morning.
5) How do you deal with school “issues”…..??????
Here are a few of our favorites:
Curious George’s First Day of School
Amelia Bedelia Goes Back to School
Allow your child to pick out their own backpack so they are excited to bring it to school!
- Get your child a few new ‘back to school’ outfits they are excited to wear to class.
- Clear space on your desk for the mountain of papers that will be sent home.
- Buy a calendar to keep all important school dates and information in one central location (the 25 papers will get confusing…I promise!)
- Consider investing in one of these so you can keep master calendars easily accessible and visible.