I admit, I am the WORST at this. Especially with my husband. I am just so busy talking “toddler” all day long, I can’t help it.
- Don’t forget to take your shoes off kids! (Eric, sweetie, you need to take your shoes off too).
- You need wash your hands before dinner. (Eric, did you use soap?)
- I am going to time you (Eric) to go upstairs and get your computer. Mark. Set. Go. (ummm….pretty sure he HATES this!)
- I am going to count to 3 for you to start baths with the kids.
- YAY! What wonderful news!! I am so proud of you…I squeal as if my daughter peed on the potty for the first time.
YIKES…do you do this?? Or am I the only only guilty?
I have tried to be more conscious of NOT talking ‘toddler’ to my husband and friends. When my husband comes home I try to mentally prepare myself to talk to him as an adult, just like I want him to talk to me like an adult. (How upset would I be if he talked business-like to me when he got home!)
I vow not to count to 3 for my husband to get a job done. Not remind him to brush his teeth, ask him if he needs to go potty before we leave, or have him race up the stairs. ~sorry babe!