There are a ton of fun, adventurous activities for you to do right in your own community.
You don’t always have to drive to nearest city to have fun…fun is where you make it!
Activities To Do In Your Own Community
- Have a zoo?? Even if it is a small one? Do it!
- What about a horse stable?? My children LOVE to walk over to the horse stables and watch the horses roam the fields.
- Take a field trip to your pet store. Check out the dogs, cats, birds, and fish.
- Library time! Go to the library to read a few books, play on the computers, listen to story time, and play with the puzzles.
- Splash Pad. I am sure there is one near you! If not…get out the sprinklers. And moms, don’t be afraid to get yourself a little wet too!
- Go for a hike! Find a local trail and go for a hike. Make it extra fun by going for a scavenger hunt along the way.
- Look up a community race and run/walk as a family. This a great opportunity to set healthy examples for your family.
- Go to a local farm where you can pick fruits and vegetables as a family.
- Beach Time! Don’t have a beach near you?? Blow up your pool in your backyard and pretend you are on the beach.
- Museum. Explore a local museum and learn something new.
- Pack your basket and go for a picnic.
What are your favorite activities to do in your community??