Who else has been traumatized for life by watching this show?
Yep…you are replaying the theme song in your head for sure. My brother and I watched it every week when we were in grade school. Rescue 911 taught me many things…how to do CPR and the Heimlich, rescue someone from a burning building and not to talk to strangers. I also am extremely traumatized by some of the episodes…here are a few that I will NEVER forget (and sometimes haunt me on a daily basis…for real):
– The man that choked on a chicken breast during a flight and was given an emergency surgery ON BOARD with a Swiss Army knife. I didn’t eat meat for years because of it.
– A little boy that ran down a hall with a toothbrush in his mouth. He tripped and it got lodged in his throat. I still remember the way the Xrays looked…and you better believe the first thing I taught my daughter about brushing her teeth was STAND. STILL.
– A little boy got an article of clothing stuck in an escalator and he actually broke his arm when he got stuck. I try not to sound like Cam on Modern Family yelling “STELLAAAA!!” when I tell my preschooler to jump off in 3…2…1…NOW GET OFF NOW!!
– Countless episodes of wild animal attacks and dog bites. No thanks. I never get too close to the lion exhibit at the zoo.
– The episode where the pregnant women attempts to do a body plaster mold but doesn’t protect her belly…just slaps the plaster on. I wouldn’t even do those hand wax things at Six Flags:
When I was pregnant I lived in constant fear that I would give birth in the kitchen, a parking lot, on the side of the road…a barn. I don’t even know anyone with a barn but I was still scared.
Am I the only one on planet earth traumatized by this show? Come on 80’s kids- please tell me I’m not alone!