We talked about “pre-potty training” a little earlier in the week. I have a love/hate relationship with potty training. Being covered in pee and making 200 trips to the bathroom at Walmart isn’t ideal, but it WILL be worth it…right?! So you think you are going to save some money because you won’t have to buy diapers anymore? WRONG! Here is a list of investments you’ll be making (or might strongly consider making) instead:
1. 40 pairs of little pink or cars underwear. Because for the first few days, they will ALL be dirty.
2. A potty chair for every room in your house and potty seats for the bathrooms.
4. Life insurance policy for spouse- potty training WILL be the death of husband.
5. Housekeeper. My house isn’t getting clean because I spend 90% of my time either IN the bathroom or running TO the bathroom.
6. 10 containers of Ben and Jerry’s Fish Food Ice Cream and 4 tubes of ready to bake cinnamon rolls, because if my
daughter gets a treat for using the potty, I deserve a treat for
TEACHING her how to use the potty.
7. A life time supply of Miralax because apparently pooping is scary and as soon as you teach your kid to go in the potty, they stop going period.
8. Carpet cleaner- because after potty training, you’ll need a scrub down of your entire house…you might as well burn it down and rebuild.
9. A new car seat because after the first “no diaper” outing…it is uncleanable.