1. RELAX. Try to act like it is totally normal to nurse while entertaining.
2. Make sure toddlers diaper is changed or he has just gone to the ‘potty’. (Nothing worse than nursing and having to take toddler to the restroom!)
3. Have a snack and drink ready to hand over in a moments notice.
4. Have a few books nearby to read with toddler while nursing.
5. T. V. Go ahead, judge. But it works. Make it educational.
6. When nursing in public with your toddler, try to make sure your toddler is in a safe spot and unlikely to get hurt so you are not interrupted to put on a band-aide.
7. Have your iPhone/iPad handy so you can nurse while skimming through FB, blogs, and Pintrest OOOOOOR playing one of those kiddie apps that takes up all of your memory.
8. Play ‘hands-free’ games, such as “I-SPY” or “Simon Says”.
9. Look at picture books of when your toddler was a baby.
10. Practice counting goldfish/cheerios or learning the ABC’s.