When it comes time to taking care of the kids and home, somehow WE end up being the LAST person who gets taken care of.
I HATE feeling yucky about myself. You will almost ALWAYS see me with at least mascara on and most times lip gloss, too. I wear my “mommy gear” most days, which includes ‘cute’ workout clothes or jeans and a comfy top. I try my best to wear my hair down, but most days in ends up in a cute pony. I try to make sure I have added the “poof” or a cute headband in to dress it up.
While I LOVE to get dressed up, it just is not feasible for me to wear skinny jeans, heels, and a cute sweater most days. (I am so envious of all my mommy friends who rock this look on a daily basis.)
Here is “ME” on a typical day. It took me 15 minutes to get ready today.
Ashley’s Get Ready Fast Tips:
1. Wash your hair every 2-3 days.
2. Use Dry Shampoo. My favorite is:
3. On days you use dry shampoo, also tease you hair to hide any grease.
4. Get up 15 minutes before you expect your kids to get up. Immediately wash your face, rinse off (if you feel like you need to), do your hair and make-up.
5. On days you need to wash your hair, either wash it at night or during nap time. OR plan on waking up 45 minutes before the kids.
7. Lay your clothes out the day before.
8. ALWAYS feel ‘decent’ about yourself before you leave your bedroom. This will be last time you get to look at yourself all day (at least it is for me).
Now…How to get your kids ready SUPER Fast (20-25 Minutes TOPS):
1. Have their clothes and hair bow laid out the day before.
2. Have their apple juice poured the night before.
3. Have any snacks for the car ready and in your diaper bag the night before.
4. After you have the kids dressed, lead them to the bathroom to brush their teeth and do their hair.
5. As the kids are doing ‘their turn’ brushing their teeth, I go to the kitchen and start breakfast and make myself coffee.
6. As the kids are eating their breakfast, lay out their shoes and coats, get the car loaded and started (if it needs to be), and then sit down and relax with them for a few minutes to talk about the day. (let the dogs out at this time)
7. After breakfast, have the kids put their shoes and coats on, and stand by the door while you are putting dishes in the sink and spraying down the table so you can leave in the house in decent form.
8. Get the kids loaded in the car, run back inside to let the dogs in and make sure everything is ready turned off and locked up.
10. You just got yourself AND your kids ready in 45 minutes or LESS.
THAT is ROCKSTAR status!