Have you ever been trapped in a car with a screaming baby??
Lets be honest. Motherhood is not all pink roses.
Lets talk about things you can do while your baby is SCREAMING and you are driving in the car.
1. Use Dr. Karp’s Happiest Baby on the Block method and SHHHHHHHHH as loud as you possibly can. Spit will probably end up all over your steering wheel and possibly your windshield.
2. Turn on a lullaby and try to soothe baby. “Hush little baby don’t say a word, mommy is gonna buy you whatever you want.”
3. When #2 does not work (because it probably won’t) turn on Journey as loud as you can stand it to drown out screaming baby and sing at the top of your lungs, “Don’t Stop Believing!!”.
4. Open all windows for a brief moment. Maybe the quick breeze of wind will calm baby.
5. Give in. Pull over and feed and cuddle baby. I have done this…as soon as I pulled over baby stopped crying and as soon as I got back onto the road baby started crying again. (of course!)
6. Bargin. Tell baby you will buy him a new rattle, stuffed animal, car, mansion, anything!! PLEASE just stop crying!!!
7. Try throwing back pacifiers. I know baby is young, but he has to be able to catch at least ONE, right?!?
8. Call husband and have him listen to this madness.
9. Silently cry along with baby. Don’t they have empathy yet?!?