I am the QUEEN of multitasking, and pumping at work was no exception. In fact, I am so bizarre that I thrived on that 10 minutes or so where I could sit in a bathroom stall, pump AND get work done. It’s a pathetic life I lead…
Anyway, I have a million ideas for what to do while pumping at work (a lot of this can be done at home too of course!). Here are just a few to keep you busy:
1. Work of course! I would take my Blackberry, notebook, files…etc right into that bathroom stall with me. I did refrain from making phone calls though…I didn’t want people to hear my pump in the background!
2. Read a good book or magazine. Go ahead and break out “Twilight”…you deserve it and no one will ever know.
3. Angry Birds, Brick Breaker, Words with Friends…download LOTS of games on your phone. My biggest achievement after having my daughter? Getting all the golden eggs. Don’t judge.
4. Organize pictures on your phone. Instragram is always fun too!
5. Catch up on Facebook, Twitter..etc. Your social life takes a dive after having a baby, but you can always keep up with the gossip online!
6. Eat. Sometimes this is the only alone time I’d get all day so I’d indulge in some chocolate, popcorn…I even took ice cream in with me one time.
7. Make a list! To do list, grocery list…any kind of list!
8. Just think. You are in a quiet room with nothing to do so just breath and think. I call this “pumping yoga”…with out the exercise of course.
9. Plan your next vacation. Or if a vacation isn’t on your radar…dream about your next vacation.
10. Pinterst. Plan what the nursery for your NEXT baby will look like. Or Pin ideas for your 4 month old daughter’s wedding (when she’s 30 of course).
11. Obsess over how many calories you are burning by pumping. Eat another chocolate bar.
12. Watch TV. Hulu on an Ipad with headphones…this is a great invention!
13. Read our blog! Duh! ;o)