Some days you will have a baby screaming her head off while you are attempting to make yourself look like you actually got 3 hours of sleep (even if you did not).
You may have to nurse baby WHILE putting on your make-up so you can make your doctor’s appointment on time.
You are all ready to go aaaaand baby spit up ALL over your freshly washed and straightened hair.
YES, these scenarios have all happened to me on more than one occasion.
1. Always shower. Even if this means a 30 second body scrub. You will feel SO much better.
2. Train your hair to be washed every other day (push it to 3 days if you can).
-Day 1 of clean hair: Blow dry and straighten.
-Day 2 of not so clean hair: Cute pony.
-Day 3 of dirty hair: Put baby powder on your roots, rub in, and blow dry roots. Pony tail or braid day!
3. Wash face, moisturize with SPF, and put a quick coat of foundation, a touch of blush, and mascara. The rest is fluff!
4. Always put lip gloss on when you are in the car. It will make your look more pulled together and makes you feel pretty.
5. Learn to do your make up while nursing. Crazy…yes…but expedites your routine!
6. Nail polish…forget about it! Between changing diapers and washing bottles your polish is bound to chip. Try shellac!
7. Lay your clothes out the day before….maybe two options. (spit up DOES happen!)
8. Make yourself a check list. (I have honestly forgotten the following basic needs.) EX: Brush Teeth, Contacts, Go to the bathroom, ect….
9. So….nothing fits, invest in a few cute pairs of yoga pants and tops. Sure will be beat looking frumpy!!
10. Have confidence. Confidence speaks VOLUMES and can make any girl look better! Put on that smile, pull your shoulders back, and walk like you are proud to be a momma!! (no one needs to know that you only got 4 hours of sleep TOTAL last night! ….although I am pretty sure I told everyone all about it!)