1. SLEEP WHEN BABY SLEEPS. Even if it is from 10am-2pm. It doesn’t matter. Do it.
2. PLEASE take a shower at least once a day. You will feel SO much better about yourself.
And TRY to put on mascara and clean pair of underwear.
3. Take help with open arms. You are NOT failing by saying no-thank you. If your friend wants to watch baby while you take a nap…’yes please!’. Grandma wants to clean the house for you…”go for it!!” You will NOT regret this!
4. Snuggle baby as much as possible. In 7 more months, baby won’t want to snuggle and you will be left cuddling your dog. The dishes and laundry can wait.
5. Do not feel bad for asking ANYONE to wash their hands. And have anti-sanitizer in two places in every room.
6. It is OKAY to let baby sleep in the basinet in your room till he/she is 3 months old. It is also OKAY to let baby sleep in his/her crib starting at day one. Do what works for your family!
7. You cannot spoil a baby. (until they are a little older….which I still do…and that is why my daughter wants to be held ALL. OF. THE. TIME.)
8. Do NOT feel bad for asking for no visitors. Take your time to bond with your baby.
9. Awww, baby just smiled for the first time….FB it, Tweet it, take a picture of it, video it, call baby’s publicist about this milestone! (It is that EXCITING)
10. Take 1,000 pictures each month. (Yes, you may need to increase your storage on the computer; but SO worth it!)